LAWLESS | Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Bright Translucent

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored*

LAWLESS, is another brand in the beauty industry that is dedicated to providing its consumers with "clean AF" beauty products. The number one thing that the brand wants their consumers to know is that all their products are free of ingredients that can harm your skin, health, environment, and animals. These guys definitely take clean beauty to a whole new level.

I have heard lots of good things about this brand and their products. So, I decided to give their Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Brightening Translucent a try. Therefore, today's review will focus on one of their translucent setting powders.


| LAWLESS |
Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in
Brightening Translucent

WHAT IS IT?
LAWLESS describes the Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder as a talc-free, light weight, soft focus powder with three universal shades: classic translucent, brightening translucent, and golden translucent. The purpose of these setting powders are to lock in your makeup and absorb any oil throughout the day. According to the brand, this ultra fine powder works well with every skin tone to leave a flawless, airbrushed, pore-less finish on the skin. 

The base of the setting powder has been formulated with mica instead of talc which is what makes the powder so light weight. Because of this, the setting powder will not add on any weight or make your make up look "cakey" nor will it accentuate any fine lines or wrinkles.


 | LAWLESS |
Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Brightening Translucent
Price: $32 to $48 CAD
Amount: 0.35 oz - 1.05 oz

WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone can use the loose setting powder to either set the base of their makeup or to bake. The shades are considered as universal. The shade Classic Translucent is colourless and works well with all skin tones. The shade Brightening Translucent is actually meant for those looking to correct and brighten. Finally, the shade Golden Translucent is geared more towards those individuals with medium to deep skin tones.

HOW TO USE
The suggested way to utilize this product is to dip a fluffy brush into the powder, tap off any excess, and gently sweep the product all over the face or in targeted areas to set your base makeup.

LAWLESS has also marketed the setting powder to be an excellent product for baking. The way they recommend baking is by using a velour puff or damp sponge and dipping it into the powder. Afterwards, gently press the puff or sponge onto the skin in the areas you wish to bake (e.g., under eyes or T-zone area). Let the powder sit for a few minutes and then lightly dust away any excess powder with a soft, fluffy brush.


| LAWLESS |
Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Brightening Translucent
Matte Finish

MY THOUGHTS
Keep in mind that what works for one person may not always work the same for another individual. So, how do we feel about the Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder? I purchased the powder in the shade Brightening Translucent. The powder itself looks like a light, peachy pink. However, it does not translate as a strong peach/pink toned powder when applied to the skin, which is good. Honestly though, I wasn't too crazy about this powder. I tried using it several different ways (e.g., setting entire face with a brush and baking underneath the eyes with a sponge), but I can't seem to get on board with it. 

What I DID like about the powder was that it truly is light weight and finely milled. Because of that, it did not leave me looking "cakey" even after baking under the eyes. Also, even though the colour of the powder doesn't really translate onto the skin, I did notice that it helped to brighten my under eye area a little more than the traditional translucent loose setting powders. I also enjoy the fact that it keeps my makeup looking matte and it helps my makeup last longer.


| LAWLESS |
Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Brightening Translucent

What I DID NOT like about the Seal The Deal Loose Setting Powder in Brightening Translucent is that it contains sparkles. Every time I applied the loose setting powder anywhere in the under eye or T-zone area, I found that it actually accentuated my pores. And as mentioned earlier, this powder is actually supposed to help minimize the look of pores, but I found that it did the opposite. Now, I will say, I am not sure if it is only the brightening translucent shade that contains sparkles or if all the other shades also contain sparkles. But, generally, I like my powders to be free of sparkles mostly because of how they make my pores look. Unfortunately, this was the deal breaker for me. If the sparkles were to be a bit more subtle or non-existent, I may have liked the product more. Overall, I do not foresee myself purchasing this specific product again, although I may give the Classic Translucent powder a try with the hope that it is sparkle free 😊

INGREDIENTS
The full list of ingredients are as follows:
Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Stearoyl Glutamic Acid, Tocopherol, P-Anisic Acid. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide.

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder

DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides