AMIKA | The Kure Intense Repair Mask

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

AMIKA, we meet again! While they are known to have a wide range of hair care products, I have really been enjoying the various hair masks that this brand has to offer. So far, I have been pleasantly surprised. Today's featured product will be AMIKA's The Kure Intense Repair Mask.

WHAT IS IT?
As the name suggests, The Kure Intense Repair Mask is a rich, intensive hair mask that aims to repair and revive dry, damaged, and overstressed hair while promoting healthy looking and feeling hair (sounds like my kinda jam). 


| AMIKA |
The Kure Intense Repair Mask
AMIKA describes this mask as an intense weekly treatment that has been formulated with shea butter to moisturize and heal overstressed, over processed hair. The hair mask formula consists of borage oil as well, which contains the highest levels of Omega-6 ever found to help fortify the hair thus making it stronger, shinier, and softer with improved manageability. To top it off, vitamins, minerals, and 5 essential fatty acids helps damaged hair look rejuvenated, smooth, and soft.

AMIKA has outlined three key benefits by using this rich, revitalizing mask:
1. Improves manageability and shine
2. Reinforces and strengthens hair
3. Revitalizes, restores, and softens damaged hair



| AMIKA |
The Kure Intense Repair Mask
Price: $19.00 to $50.00 CAD
Amount: 60mL or 250mL

WHO IS IT FOR?
The Kure Intense Repair Mask is marketed for those with straight, wavy, curly, coiled, or tightly coiled hair. It is also safe to use for those individuals with colour treated, Brazilian-treated, or keratin treated hair (this I will not be able to speak to).

HOW TO USE
After shampooing, grab a sufficient amount and massage from root to tip. The recommendation is to allow the mask to process in the hair for about 5 to 10 minutes with or without heat. Afterwards, rinse thoroughly with warm water. It is suggested that this mask be used weekly for best results in place of your conditioner. 

MY THOUGHTS
For reference, I have long somewhat frizzy, wavy/curly hair, but the actual strands are thin. My hair can be on the drier side and has experienced damage over the years from all the styling. I do not have coloured hair. Please keep in mind that what works for me, may not always work for others and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.



| AMIKA |
The Kure Intense Repair Mask
Key Ingredients: Shea Butter, Borage Oil, Sea Buckthorn Berry
Certified Vegan

When AMIKA said that this was a rich, intensive hair treatment, they were not joking! It is probably one of the more effective masks that I have ever tried. Aside from the delightful smell all AMIKA products have, the formulation has been made to be quite thick, which means a little goes a long way. However, having said that, it does NOT feel heavy on the hair once its been rinsed. It is very easy to distribute throughout my hair as well. After using this mask in place of my conditioner, I did not notice any greasy residue left over nor did I feel it weigh my hair down either. All of which are things that I love and look for in hair masks. I definitely noticed my hair looking healthier and softer after using this product! I also noticed that it did an excellent job in taming my frizz and making my hair easier to manage overall. After using the mask and styling with hot tools, my hair genuinely still looks healthy. To add to that, I found that there was less breakage happening in my hair after using the mask. Did I notice a shine? No, not more than usual, but I do feel as though my hair has been given a surge of moisture after each use. On the other hand, I find that you have to be consistent with the mask and use it at least once or twice a week in order to continue to reap its benefits. Otherwise, you will be starting at square one again. The only thing I struggle with is the price, they have other more affordable masks that give you similar results and, for that reason, I am not sure I would be so quick in recommending this product to someone. Despite that, the mask itself is luxurious and I LOVE the way it makes my hair feel and look. 


| AMIKA |
The Kure Intense Repair Mask

Available at Sephora and on their website at loveamika.com

INGREDIENTS
The Kure Intense Repair Mask has been formulated without parabens, sulphates, and phthalates. It also does not contain any artificial colors, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban, aluminum, talc, and have less than one percent synthetic fragrances.

The full list of ingredients is as follows:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Vitellaria Paradoxa (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Hippophaea Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder

DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides