VOLITION BEAUTY | Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil

*Disclaimer: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

Volition Beauty is an interesting brand that is fuelled by the consumer. If you have an idea for a beauty product, you can submit it to them where they will then send it out to the world to vote on. If your idea makes the cut, then they make it. 

I have never tried any products from Volition Beauty, but today's star of the show will be the Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil


| VOLITION BEAUTY |
Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil

WHAT IS IT?
Volition Beauty describes this as a daily treatment oil containing hibiscus flower and licorice root to minimize the appearance of dark spots and discolouration while helping to brighten and even skin tone (ok, great!). 

Volition Beauty has done us the favour to specifically outline the key ingredients and benefits of this beauty oil:
1. Hibiscus Oil: contains natural occurring malic and citric acids which work to gently exfoliate and reduce the appearance of dark spots and discolouration
2. Licorice Root Extract: brightens skin tone and soothes stressed/sensitive skin
3. Sea Buckthorn Oil: nourishes and helps to minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles

Volition Beauty also claims that the oil not only soothes the appearance of stressed skin, but hydrates and helps improve moisture retention of the skin (yes, I am all about that game). 


| VOLITION BEAUTY |
Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil
Price: $64.00 CAD
Amount: 35mL
WHO IS IT FOR?
Alright, who is this marketed for? According to the brand, it has been approved for all skin types, although it is mostly meant for those with normal to dry skin types. It is also meant for those who have areas of concerns relating to dark spots, discolouration, dry and dull skin, redness, stressed and sensitive skin, and fine lines and wrinkles (so far loving the sound of this). 

HOW TO USE
The product comes in a droplet style bottle as you can see in the picture, which I am a fan of. Volition Beauty recommends using the oil (after moisturizing) by warming 2 to 3 drops in your hands and gently massaging the oil onto your skin and neck until it is fully absorbed. Ideally, this should be used twice a day after your skin care routine for best results. 


MY THOUGHTS
Alright, time to spill the tea on this product! Please keep in mind that what works well for me, may not always work well for others. For reference, my skin type is normal, although it can become a lot more dry in the winter months and a lot more oily in the summer months. 


| VOLITION BEAUTY |
Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil
Vegan, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free
Comes in recyclable packaging


I purchased the Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil about a month ago and have been using it daily as part of my night time skin care routine. Nothing else has changed from my night time skin care routine other than adding this product into the mix. I have used the oil a couple of different ways: either mixing it with my moisturizer to make my own concoction or I would just pat it onto the skin after applying my moisturizer. I found the latter to be my favourite way of applying the oil.

My initial impression of the oil was that it is lightweight and that it absorbed into the skin fairly quickly, which is one of the main things I always look for in a facial oil. I dislike a facial oil that feels heavy on the skin and takes FOREVER to absorb or just sits on top of the skin. The fragrance of the correcting oil is also light, fresh and almost citrus-like, which I don't mind. One of the main claims of the product is that it helps with hydrating the skin. I 100% agree with this claim. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft, smooth, and hydrated. It feels like I had left a moisturizing facial mask on overnight. It definitely penetrates deep into the skin to provide an intense level of hydration.
Another claim of the Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil is that it helps to brighten the skin and reduce the look of any dark spots. Personally, I did notice that my skin looked significantly healthier and brighter. As for dark spots, I have minimal dark spots, but I did not notice a significant reduction in the appearance of these dark spots. I also do not really have any acne scars and cannot speak to how the product may affect those. Instead, I found that the oil helped my skin by evening my skin tone. Often times, I experience redness around the nose area, but I have noticed that I am experiencing this less and less. My skin overall just looks more uniform, which I am a big fan of! Finally, I have tried other facial oils from different brands that have broken me out, but this one did not! This is a big win for me 


| VOLITION BEAUTY |
Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil

Overall, I was highly impressed with the oil. Truthfully, I did not have high hopes for it when I initially purchased it because I did not think that it would hold true to the claims. I was also expecting it to be a heavier oil, which I have mentioned previously that I am not a big fan of. But I actually really like it! I can definitely see myself repurchasing this, although I would only recommend this product to others if they are looking to splurge. 

INGREDIENTS
The Hibiscus Unspottable Correcting Oil has been formulated without aluminum, aluminum chlorohydrate (Aluminum Salts), BHA & BHT, benzophenone & related compounds, butoxyethanol
coal tar, and ethanolamines (DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA).

The full list of ingredients are as follows:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Seed Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Nardostachys Jatamansi (Spikenard) Extract, Helichrysum Italicum (Everlasting) Extract, Squalane, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Orbinignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Ubiquinone, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate.

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder

DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides