DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

For those of you who may not know, DRUNK ELEPHANT has been around since 2012 creating body, hair, and skin care products for consumers. Since the beginning, the brand has been committed to only using natural ingredients that benefit the skin or support the integrity of the formulations created. The brand takes pride in what they put into their products, but also in what they leave out. Interestingly enough, the ingredients left out are known as the "suspicious 6", which are essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, and SLS. According to DRUNK ELEPHANT, these ingredients are often the root of various skin issues, which is why they choose to design their formulations without them to give consumers the best they can.


| DRUNK ELEPHANT |
Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides

While I have never used any products from DRUNK ELEPHANT before, I was excited to be trying out their new Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides. I always appreciate a decent moisturizer for the face.

WHAT IS IT?
Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides is an intricate and highly developed "rescue cream" with the purpose of reinforcing the skin's acid mantle while protecting the skin from everyday environmental stressors. 

This rich cream has been created with 3 key ingredients all of which sound very appealing to me:
-Six Rare African Oil Blend: works to revitalize, restore, nourish, and hydrate the skin.
-Ceramides AP, EOP, NP: functions to help soothe the skin and protects the skin from any water loss thus maintaining the moisture balance of the skin.
-Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer: it has a smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid, so it is able to better penetrate the skin to deliver an intense level of hydration while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.

| DRUNK ELEPHANT |
Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides
Price: $79 CAD
Amount: 50mL

Besides the ingredients mentioned above, the luxurious cream has also been made with antioxidant-rich fermented green tea to support the skin in combating any signs of aging. It is also fully loaded with omega acids to help the skin retain long-lasting moisture by forming a protective layer that allows skin to function at its optimal level. Finally, it contains phytosphingosine which is a plant derived lipid with potent soothing and restorative benefits (again, all of which sound enticing to me).

WHO IS IT FOR?
The moisturizer is described to be ideal for anyone with dry, normal, combination or oily skin who experience concerns such as dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles (Ok, so, like, everyone can pretty much use this).
For reference, my skin type is normal, although becomes more normal to dry in the winter months. My areas of concern often related to the look of pores, uneven skin tone, mild redness around the nose area, and occasional dryness. I always like to have products the help with brightening up dull looking skin, although my skin isn't necessarily dull-looking always.

| DRUNK ELEPHANT |
Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides
Key Ingredients: 6 Rare African Oils, Ceramides, and Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer

HOW TO USE
DRUNK ELEPHANT suggests applying one pump of the cream anytime onto clean, dry skin. The product can even be mixed with any serum or oil as well. Interestingly enough, the whipped cream is safe enough, yet potent enough, that it can be applied to anywhere on the body where relief from dryness may be needed. 

MY THOUGHTS

I initially purchased the Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Cermides by DRUNK ELEPHANT with high expectations. Mostly because I have heard several good things about the moisturizer itself. I have been using it for some time now. Mostly as my night time moisturizer. The reason for that is because this moisturizer is hella thick! The way I personally use this product is by applying a serum first followed by a couple of pumps of this moisturizer. 

As mentioned, this moisturizer is fairly thick, but not at all greasy and actually absorbs fairly quickly into the skin. And, if you have read my past posts, you know I love me a moisturizer that absorbs quickly. It does not break me out and it doesn't feel heavy either. Let's talk about the packaging though! Very sanitary. As in, you do not have to keep dunking your finger into a pot, which I can appreciate in a day and age like today. It is perfume-free, which I know some people prefer. I personally don't mind. 

Did this product deliver the intense level of hydration that my skin needs? Again, my skin is more normal to dry. Therefore, I always need to ensure that I use products that help to hydrate my skin. This one did exactly that. The following morning I wake up and my skin looks and feels soft and supple. Interestingly enough, the brand claims that this moisturizer can be used anywhere on the body to bring back moisture. I personally have not tested this out yet, but I don't doubt it! Overall, I actually really like the whipped cream and I intend to continue to use this product. Will I be repurchasing this product again though? I don't think so. While you get a generous amount of product, I do not think that the price is justifiable. There are other products out there that work just as well for a more affordable price. Still, it does feel luxurious on the skin (LOL!) and, if you are looking to splurge, then I would recommend giving this cream a try. 


| DRUNK ELEPHANT |
Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides

INGREDIENTS
The full list of ingredients is as follows:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil/Glucose/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Meal/Malt Extract/Yeast Extract Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Ximenia Americana Seedate, Cholesterol, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Ceteareth-20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

What it is formulated without is as follows:

Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, 1,4-Dioxane, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, EDTA, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Paraffin, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Triclosan, Triclocarban

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder