SUMMER FRIDAYS | Jet Lag Mask

*DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by me. This is not sponsored*

SUMMER FRIDAYS, founded by Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores, have created the long time cult favourite Jet Lag Mask.  I have never used any products from SUMMER FRIDAYS until now. Therefore, I am giving my unbiased thoughts of the product. Today's review will feature the Jet Lag Mask.


| SUMMER FRIDAYS |
Jet Lag Mask

WHAT IS IT?
The Jet Lag Mask is a unique hydrating cream mask that contains quality ingredients which function to deliver a rich hydration and to provide a radiant complexion with just a single use. The mask itself consists of a nourishing blend of vitamins, ceramides, antioxidants, and gently exfoliating extracts. Thus leaving the skin looking instantly renewed, radiant, and ready for anything. It also helps to combat puffy, inflamed, over-worked skin. 

The featured ingredients of the Jet Lag Mask include the following:

-Vitamin C: works to brightens, evens skin tone, and revitalizes the skin’s surface by boosting the moisture barrier
-Sodium Hyaluronate: helps to increase the skin’s moisture content, soothes, and defends against moisture loss.
-Vitamin E: is an antioxidant that helps rid the skin of free radicals.
-Arginine: is a naturally occurring amino acid; the building block of proteins.
-Chestnut Extract: Activates the natural exfoliation process, polishing away dullness so skin looks radiant, healthy and well-rested
-Niacinamide: A naturally occurring compound of Vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid that work to visibly reduces pores, uneven skin and fine lines.


| SUMMER FRIDAYS |
Jet Lag Mask
Price: $34 to $63 CAD
Amount: 1oz to 2.25oz

WHO IS IT FOR?
The product has been marketed for pretty much all skin types: normal, dry, oily, combination, and sensitive skin. It is also meant for those individuals who are looking for solutions to take care of their dryness or dull and uneven skin texture. 
For reference, my skin type is normal, but becomes more dry in the winter months. I struggle with uneven skin tone, large pores, and occasional redness around the nose area.


HOW TO USE
After cleansing and drying skin, apply a thin, even, visible layer with fingers. You may use this product for the under eye area as well. SUMMER FRIDAYS recommends leaving this product on for at least 10 minutes for maximum hydration. Afterwards, you can wipe with a warm cloth or blot away with a tissue any excess left on the skin. There is no need to rinse after using this mask.


| SUMMER FRIDAYS |
Jet Lag Mask
Paraben Free, No Synthetic Dyes, Fragrance Free

MY THOUGHTS
What did I think of this mask? Truthfully, I actually enjoyed it. I don't think I would label this little gem as a "mask" though. It definitely presents more as a moisturizer in my opinion. I tried using the Jet Lag Mask a couple of different ways. The first way was by applying it as a mask using a generous layer (this is how the brand recommends using it anyway). The second way was by using it as an overnight moisturizer. I must say, the latter has been, by far, my favourite way of applying the Jet Lag Mask. 

Either way, I found that it gave me added moisture. However, when I used it as an overnight moisturizer, my skin was very soft and supple the following morning. I also noticed that it did somewhat even out my skin tone. Although, I will mention that there are other beauty products that I have tried that work better in evening out your skin tone. Having said that, it did bring back some life to my "dull-looking" skin AND I did not break out from using this product, which is a big win-win in my books. 

The interesting thing that I noticed about the texture was that it was not as thick or as creamy as I was expecting it to be. It was oddly light weight and absorbed VERY quickly into the skin. I definitely use generous amounts of this product when I use it as a "moisturizer" and it still absorbs quickly without leaving greasy residue on my skin. For those of you who have read my past blogs, you guys know that I like a "moisturizer" that absorbs fasts and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy! Again, I was not mad at the texture, but I was nonetheless surprised. For those who do not like a strong fragrance, this product definitely does not have a fragrance whatsoever! To top it off, I feel as though I haven't made a dent in the amount that this little tube contains even though I have used it a fair bit already. This is impressive! All in all, I would gladly recommend this to anyone looking to help add moisture back into their skin and give it a revitalized appearance. Given the fact that this product seems to last a long time, the price seems reasonable enough as well. But if you were in the market for a true mask, I do not think that this will be what you are looking for. On the other hand, I will 100% continue to use this product and will most likely repurchase it๐Ÿ˜Š



| SUMMER FRIDAYS |
Jet Lag Mask

INGREDIENTS
The Jet Lag Mask has been formulated without the following:
Non-comedogenic, no phthalates, surfactants, petrolatums, BHT, BHA, or silicones. Is paraben free and does not contain any synthetic dyes or fragrances.

The full list of ingredients is as followed:
Water, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Physalis Angulata Extract, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Arginine, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mentha Arvensis (Cornmint) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange)Peel Oil, Limonene, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract.

*DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder

DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides