ORIGINS | A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea

Disclaimer: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!

Hey Guys, welcome to my first blog post! Today we will be reviewing Origin's A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defence Moisturizer with White Tea.

This product is described to be a “super-charged, oil free, antioxidant-rich moisturizer” with white tea that surrounds the skin with a protective layer to help reduce premature signs of aging. This product contains Edelweiss and White Birch, which both work to help strengthen the skin’s natural defense against environmental stressors such as pollution. Plus, it claims to deliver a healthy helping of hydration and SPF 40 for UVA/UVB protection, leaving the skin looking healthy and bright.



|ORIGINS|
A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defence Moisturizer with White Tea
The claims are that this product helps with age prevention and that it is recommended for almost all skin types: normal, oily, combination, and dry. For reference, my skin type is more normal, with a tendency for drier patches in the winter months.

The way the website suggests on how to use the product is by applying a layer in the AM. I am assuming that this is because most people go about their day and are exposed to the sun and other stressors throughout the day. At night, most people are in bed sleeping and there is less exposure to the environmental stressors that they are referring to.

|ORIGINS|
Price: $59.00 CAD
Amount: 50mL
Key Ingredient: Silver Tip White Tea
100% Vegetarian and free of any animal ingredients
What are my thoughts for this product? Well, I have been using this product every morning for the last week or so and here is what I have noted. While the cream is heavier in texture compared to other products, it does not leave a thick, heavy/greasy residue like other thicker creams tend to do. It is actually absorbed into the skin fairly quickly (which I like!). I also noticed that the cream gives the skin a bright sheen (just as it claims to do) after application and leaves the skin feeling soft once it has been absorbed into the skin. It also sits well underneath make up and I did not notice a white cast with flash photography either, which is also nice considering the high SPF it contains. The moisturizer itself does have a light scent, which I don’t find bothersome at all. Either way, the scent definitely disappears very quickly after applying. Furthermore, my skin did not break out from using this product and I found it to be gentle enough that even those individuals with sensitive skin can use.


The only concern I had with this product was that it did not give me the level of hydration I was looking for and I can see why the brand recommends to use it in the AM. This is definitely not a night time moisturizer by any means. As I mentioned previously, I tend to have more drier patches in the winter months and this did not give me the amount of hydration I was hoping for this time of the year. However, for those with combination or oily skin types, perhaps would find this level of hydration to be enough. Having said that, I can see myself using this product more so in the summer time when I know I will be spending lots of time outside and I am not looking for an intense hydration. Overall, it is a decent day time moisturizer, but I don’t see myself reaching for it too often (depending on the season) simply because it doesn’t meet my skin’s needs.

Available: Sephora, Shoppers Drugmart, The Hudson's Bay, and on their website at origins.ca

Ingredients: Avobenzone 3.0%, Homosalate 8.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.5%, Octocrylene 5.0%Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polyethylene, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil*, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil*, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil*, Magnolia Acuminata Flower Extract, Iris Pallida Root Extract, Rosa Damascena Extract, Citral, Linalool, Limonene, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Peg-6, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Solanum Tuberosum (Potato) Pulp Extract, Lycium Chinense (Wolfberry) Fruit Extract, Eriobotrya Japonica (Loquat) Leaf Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul'S Wort) Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extrait D'Orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Lythrum Salicaria Extract, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait De Levure, Algae Extract, Oryzanol, Squalane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trehalose, Steareth-21, Ergothioneine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Pca, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Urea, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Hexylene Glycol, Lecithin, Sodium Phytate, Bht, Mica, Phenoxyethanol * Essential Oil

DISCLAIMER: The product featured was purchased by me. This is not sponsored!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TATCHA | The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

HOURGLASS | Veil Translucent Setting Powder

DRUNK ELEPHANT | Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer With Ceramides